Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Nurse?

I have become very good friends with the nurse at my school, which I highly advise to anyone fortunate enough to have a nurse on your staff. This has been especially useful since I have gotten sick once a month (excluding December) since I started my new job at the elementary school. I guess that's what happens when I'm around 300 kids every day and take the train twice a day. The latest bug I've caught? Laryngitis. It's the perfect virus for a teacher, right? Wrong! Not being able to speak pretty much renders me useless in front of my classes. Luckily enough there was a substitute teacher who could cover my afternoon classes so I could take the rest of today to rest and not talk. It was such a dilemma to leave school though. I didn't want to leave but also knew that I would not be the best teacher I could be for the students. Tomorrow, I have a curriculum meeting all day so I should be able to save my voice and get back to teaching on Thursday. Just in time for the first meeting of lunch club! As of now, it's back to resting, drinking hot tea with honey, and eating lots of Vitamin C for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment