Search This Blog

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Buen Provecho

Lunch club is still going strong. After a few kids initially dropped out, I combined traditional and multiage so that everyone gets the chance to eat at lunch club every week if they want too. This is much more beneficial for my students rather than every other week. Kids can come and go as they please from week to week, as long as I know ahead of time. I still take attendance every week and there are probably about 30 kids who come consistently. My principal was a guest at one of the lunch clubs last week and even though she doesn't speak Spanish, she had a lot of fun. She sat with a group of 5th grade girls who were trying to teach her some words so that she could participate as well. It was a lot of fun. And I'm not the only school doing this! Check out this article about a private school in a nearby community from where I teach in Lake Bluff, Illinois.

No comments:

Post a Comment