Search This Blog

Friday, April 6, 2012

Peruvian Fried Rice?

In addition to a Spanish crafts after school club, I also have a cooking one. This week, we made arroz chaufa, which is Peruvian fried rice. There is a large Chinese population in Peru and so they have adopted a fusion of Peruvian food and Chinese food as part of their culture. Restaurants that serve this food are called Chifas and are super delicious. My students and I mixed a soy sauce and ginger with chicken, green bell peppers, red bell peppers, zucchini, carrots, broccoli, and rice to make a delicious meal. I got this recipe from my host family when I stayed in Peru for 5 weeks a couple of years ago. This is a dish that everyone will love. I was very impressed that all of my students pretty much cleared their plates... Even most of the vegetables were gone! That's more than I can say for my husband who enjoyed the leftovers :)


Step 1: Cut up 2 chicken breasts and cook them in a wok with peanut oil, soy sauce, and ginger. 
 Step 2:  Add in sliced green and red bell peppers, carrots, and zuchini.
Step 3: Add precooked broccoli and rice.
Step 4: Enjoy! It's super tasty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment