Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spanish is over already?

You know what one of my favorite things to hear from my students is? The phrase "Spanish is over already? That was so fast!" Times flies when you're having fun so I love it when my kids think that Spanish class went by quickly. I must have heard at least half of my 4th grade class say that today, and for good reason. We got a lot done, in a short amount of time. It was fun, it was entertaining, and it was all Spanish! I don't think I spoke a word of English the entire time! This is what we did:


1. Students enter and right away we sing the "Hola, hola" song. 
2. Students take turns asking each other the questions of the day and report the answers back to me.
3. We stand up and act out 8 different sports that we learned yesterday as we say the words and look at pictures on the board.
4. We sit down and students put labels on the pictures.
5. We do a ball toss where one students asks (in Spanish) "What sport do you play?" Then s/he throws the ball and the catcher answers "I play ..." This continues until everyone has had a turn.
6. Then we sit on the rug and watch a quick prezi about different ways to move.
7. Next I call out different ways to move and switch quickly from one way to another as students stand and act them out.
8. After that, students return to their seats and give me a list (in Spanish) of the words we just learned.
9. Then, students take turns asking each other which ways they like to move (¿QuĂ© te gusta hacer? Me gusta ...)
10. Then we graph a few of the student responses and see which was the most popular.
11. Finally, we pack up and sing our good bye song.


All in 25 minutes! Lots of moving, lots of singing, lots of Spanish, lots of FUN. It was a great lesson. I love lessons like that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment