Search This Blog

Friday, February 17, 2012

Where did they go?

This week was the second meeting of my lunch club group from the multiage classes. Since the students don't have school today (there is a tri-district meeting for all the teachers), I held both 4th and 5th grade lunch clubs yesterday. My 5th grade multiage was the smallest group to begin with, and dos people did not show up so we had a group of six girls. However, I love this group of six and we just laugh the whole time. They speak in Spanglish and are constantly trying out  new sentences. I love watching these girls explore the language and it is so much fun to eat lunch with them. They were sad when lunch was over and we actually ran over by a few minutes. By the time we got cleaned up and I got down to the lunch room to pick up the 4th graders, most had already settled in and were content to stay where they were. A lot of the 4th graders choose to eat in their home classrooms though, so the one boy who was ready for lunch club and I swung by the other classrooms upstairs. However when I announced lunch club in those rooms, these 4th graders had also already settled into their spots and weren't too content on leaving. So I sent the boy back down to the lunch room to eat with his friends. I am hoping the reason that lunch club wasn't as popular yesterday is because I was late in picking them up. They all seemed to be really enjoying themselves during the first meeting and I hope to get that excitement back in 2 weeks. We'll see! At least the 5th graders still had a blast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment